Updates on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
At Alleghany Health, we are doing everything we can to protect the health of everyone in our community. Our efforts are on-going, and we will continually update you with new information on this page as it becomes available.
We Promise to Keep You Safe, Healthy, and COVID-19 Protected
Following advice from our infectious disease experts, we will be:
- Practicing social distancing in all of clinic locations
- Minimizing wait times in common areas, like waiting rooms
- Asking our patients to join all providers and clinic staff in wearing masks
- Limiting visitors
- Cleaning our facilities with strict sanitation protocols
- Conducting screening for COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival
- Offering expanded access to virtual visit via video or telephone
Visitor exceptions may include:
- Hospitalized minors
- Patients at the end-of-life
- Patients needing help with communication, decision making, or mobility
- Maximum 2 family members per day
NC Department of Health and Human Services, Alleghany Health and local agencies are urging people to cooperate with Governor Cooper’s Executive Order to stay home except for essential trips, and practicing social distancing and good hygiene like handwashing and covering your cough or sneeze.
It is critical to keep in mind that during this challenging time of responding to the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) public health crisis, following the guidance to stay home as much as possible is the most important mitigation measure the community can take. This situation is affecting each person in our community in different ways, and we are all experiencing disruptions to our normal schedule.
Corona Virus: What You Need To Know
For complete information about COVID-19, please click here to see comprehensive information provided by Wake Forest Baptist Health.
How You Can Help
Our need for supplies is growing. Anything you can do to provide the following items is greatly appreciated:
- Medical grade surgical and procedure masks
- N95 respirator masks
- Face shields
- Latex gloves
- Hand sanitizer
You can drop these items off at the Emergency Department Entrance at the hospital.
How to Protect Yourself
The virus that causes COVID-19 is spread from person to person. These are tips to help keep you and your family safe:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your face, including your mouth, eyes or nose.
- Avoid close contact with anyone. “Social distancing” means at least 6′ (two arm lengths) between you and anyone you encounter. Remember, you or someone else my not show any signs of the virus, but you may be a carrier.
- Use household cleaning sprays or wipes to clean “high-touch” surfaces at home.
- Clean cell phones regularly with disinfecting wipe.
- Call your healthcare professional if you have concerns about COVID-19 and your underlying condition, or if you begin showing signs of the virus (fever, aches, cough).
- For guidance on using cloth masks and face coverings, please click here.